The Small Enterprises Development Company (SEDCO) is a public enterprise that is wholly owned by the Government of the Kingdom of Eswatini. SEDCO exists as a legal persona that was established in 1970 under the Companies Act No.7 of 1912 as a limited company and is a category “A” public enterprise under the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Trade. SEDCO is an organization established to create, develop and promote Small, Micro and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the Kingdom of Eswatini.
We exist primarily to stimulate homegrown entrepreneurship with sustainable economic growth through entrepreneurship development and growth. To date, MSME development features prominently in the country’s strategy for economic development as articulated by the National Development Strategy (NDS), the Strategic Road Map for Economic Recovery and the MSME Policy 2018.
WHAT WE DO:
- LEGAL CONSULTATION & ADVISORY
- Facilitation of Company Registration
- Lodgement of Forms C & J
- Facilitation of Trading License Applications & Renewal
- Drafting of Legal and Human Resource
- Drafting of Legal and Human Resource Documents
- Lodgement of Share Certificates
- CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
- Record Keeping
- Costing & Pricing
- Business Idea Generation
- Business Planning
- Customer Care
- Corporate Governance
Training Schedule 2019/20
- BUSINESS COUNSELLING & ADVISORY
- Business Plan Generation
- Preparation of Financial Statements & Management Accounts
- Tax Returns Compilation
- Practical Costing & Pricing
- Tendering Process Assistance
- BUSINESS INCUBATION
- Workspace Provision & Support Services
- Technology Adoption & Diffusion
- BUSINESS LINKAGES
- Facilitation in Local & International Trade Exhibition
- Business Information Centre
- Facilitate Business Sharing Forums
Fruit Tree Progamme.
The National Integrated Tinkhundla Fruit Tree Development Programme was launched officially by the Honorable Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Trade in October 2014.
The Graduates Enterprise Program (GEP)
is an initiative by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry & Trade, facilitated by SEDCO. It aims at creating job opportunities for graduates from institutions of higher learning who have not been absorbed by the formal job market.
SEDCO: is implementing the Business Incubator for African Women Entrepreneurs (BIAWE) Project that seeks to specialize in building the capacity of women entrepreneurs in chicken meat production, processing and marketing in the Shiselweni region. More
Entrepreneur of the Year Awards (EYA)
TheEntrepreneur of the Year awards (EYA) is a national annual event hosted by SEDCO. EYA was handed to SEDCO by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Trade for SEDCO to administer.EYA 2018 Applicaion Form